“A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control.” –Robert Foster Bennett
As America’s #1 Mental Fitness Coach people often ask me to give them quick methods from advanced hypnotherapy (hypnosis) and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) that they can use to improve their mental, physical or spiritual fitness. I have to explain to them that there really is no “quick fix”, that all of these take work. I also explain that none of these can be addressed by themselves, their mental, physical or spiritual fitness are all interrelated.
In order to have fitness in one area you have to work at developing fitness in the other areas also. You need to take care of your mental, spiritual and physical health. You need to develop a balanced life.
All of These Take Work
Although I believe learning techniques from advanced hypnotherapy (hypnosis) and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) are excellent for accelerating your mental fitness program, there are some simple methods you can use every day to develop your mental fitness and have a healthy outlook on life.
Here are 7 tips for Living a Balanced Life…
1. Exercise Your Body – A healthy body leads to a healthy body and mind. Studies show that exercise both decreases your chance of cardiovascular disease and protects your brain against cognitive decline. Choose any exercise you like that works your heart and lungs 20 to 30 minutes a day.
2. Eat Right – Eating foods that are good for your body keeps your brain and body functioning at their best. It will help you control your weight and give you the energy you need. A healthy diet can help to give you a healthy outlook on life.
If you are exercising and eating right, you are way ahead of the game.
3. Manage stress – Stress can lead to health problems. Chronic stress can lead to high blood pressure, insomnia, digestive issues and lower immunity to disease. It can also lead to difficulty concentrating, racing thoughts, forgetfulness, disorganization and confusion. Learning to manage stress can go a long way in sustaining your mental and physical health.
4. Invest time with your family and friends – Notice I didn’t say spend, I said invest. Developing relationships is an investment in the quality of your life, especially your mental and spiritual fitness. They help to remind you how much you are loved and that there is a place for you in their hearts. They also remind you that you are needed in this world.
5. Have a Support Group – Mental health issues can occur when you just can’t seem to let things go. Many times this happens because you can only see things from one perspective – yours. Let your support group, your friends and family know when you are going through troubled times. They can give you a different perspective and help you get over whatever is troubling you and back to being mentally healthy and well.
6. Give support – This is just the flip side of number 5. You understand what it’s like to be down and out. If someone close to you or someone you know is having a tough time of things make a decision to be there for them. The biggest thing here is to just listen. It will help them get through the rough times that are causing them grief. Of course this investment means that they’ll be there for you when you need them.
7. Volunteer – When you volunteer you are coming from a place of abundance which is great for your spiritual health. You are telling the universe that there is more than enough of you to go around and you are so grateful for what you have you want to share it with others. Additionally, the simple act of volunteering can go a long way in helping you feel so good about yourself. It can make you feel like you are making a difference in people’s lives and that you are contributing positively to society. It’s an excellent method to build your mental fitness.
8. Learn to Identify When You Are Troubled – Becoming and staying mentally, physically and spiritually healthy means that you need to recognize when things aren’t right. This is the only way you can take the action you need to bring your life back into balance.
9. Stop Trying to be Perfect – Being human, almost by definition means having imperfections. Everyone has faults so get over it! If you can accept your flaws and appreciate all the good that you have to offer, you can learn to be at peace with yourself.
Use the Tips to Live a More Balanced Life
If you follow these 7 tips you’ll find you’ll feel more physically, mentally and spiritually fit and your life will be more balanced. Does that mean that everything will be peaches and cream? Of course not! What it does mean is that your life will be more full of abundance and joy and you’ll be able to add more to the world around you. So why not start using these tips today?
Would You Like a More Balanced Life?
If you would like a more balanced life then download your copy of “Make Your Dreams Come True” a self hypnosis recording that you can have for FREE. Just follow this link to download your FREE copy of “Make Your Dreams Come True”…
About the Author
Wil Dieck is a Master NLP Practitioner and Hypnotist. He is alsoAmerica’s #1 Mental Fitness Coach and the founder of Total Mind Therapy©, a fusion of advanced hypnotherapy (hypnosis) and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP). His office is located in San Diego,CA. If you are interested in developing an action plan for creating a more balanced life then call (619) 293-3255 for your complimentary, risk free 15 minute phone conversation about how you can use Total Mind Therapy to achieve the life you desire.